Job Profile and Description
JOB TITLE: Training & Recruitment Consultant (Sekhukhune
SECTION: Human Resources/Learning & Development
REPORTS TO: Head of Operations
COMPANY BACKGROUND AND HISTORY
Cover Direct is a licensed financial Services provider (FSP 46250) was founded in 2012 by two directors who have grown the business from a 2-man operation to a business that operates in 2-provinces in South Africa. We offer specialized Contact Centre Services and High Impact Field Marketing strategies selling life insurance products. Cover Direct has grown exponentially over the past 6 years with a Head office based Rosebank, and distribution branches in Gauteng and Polokwane.
Cover Direct is looking to recruit a Trainer in Limpopo, who will utilize his/her training and recruitment expertise to get high performing sales agents to achieve business objectives and contribute to the attainment of our company new vision, mission and strategic growth targets for 2018.
Also, the successful candidate will also be required to increase the overall performance of the organization by implementing training interventions for our management teams, employee workforce and customers to continue to give us a competitive advantage in the market.
This individual must be highly self-motivated, proactive and be able to work independently to get things done before being asked by others or forced by external circumstances.
- Reports Head of Operations and has a dotted reporting line to Snr Human Resources Generalist.
- Works with the Internal and External Business Stakeholders such as:
- New Recruits and Existing Employees
- Internal and External Suppliers.
- Finance, Projects Office, IT, Procurement and New Business.
- Field Sales, Branches Sales departments.
- External and Internal Clients.
- Operations teams e.g. Verifications, Archives, Quality Assurance, and Inbound Call Centre.
- Compliance Key Individual.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Recruit new employees, identify training needs and translate the identified stakeholder
training gaps and requirements into training programs and teaching plans that will groom
and upskill all company employees.
- Develop or oversee the production of classroom hand-outs, instructional materials and
- Manage the annual training calendar for company.
- Develop winning sales training manuals, sales scripts and product assessments.
- Conduct training and recruitment or new and existing agents.
- Keep records of training attendance required by the FSB and Compliance Key Individual
e.g. Training Registers, queries, Section 13 documents and employee HR files.
- Assist in the development and creating of Recruitment, Training and Quality Assurance
- Direct structured learning experiences and monitor the quality of the outcomes.
- Stay up-to-date with new market trends, training tools and techniques in employee
- Conduct ongoing needs analysis leveraging customer feedback, field interactions, and
subject-matter-expertise to adjust the learning strategy and curriculum.
- Develop and manage tracking reports to monitor the progress and effectiveness of
- Develop effective employee induction programmes.
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with
- Ensure that statutory requirements in terms of training and recruitment are met.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma.
- One to two years’ working experience as a trainer.
- Willingness to travel between seven branches in Limpopo.
- Proven ability to master the full training cycle.
- Knowledge of traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of talent management and succession planning.
- Sound decision making and organizational skills.
- Must have exceptional verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a compelling, energetic and dynamic public speaker.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word Suite products i.e. MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Visio.
- Must have strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Must have good problem solving and decision making skills along with the ability to
exercise sound judgment.
- Must have strong time management skills as well as be an effective multi-tasker.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills.
- Candidate Screening, Interviewing, Reference and Background
Co-ordination and Control
Uses control measures, which will ensure that tasks are allocated, actioned and checked
against standards; problems resolved in a timely manner with the desired result
Problem Analysis & Problem Solving
Analyzing and interpreting information; making deductions and predications based on fact.
Identifying and prioritizing the options available. Proposing solutions, which reflect the overall
interests of the company.
Verbal & Written Communication
Is able to speak clearly, confidently and understandably in order to discuss issues for
clarification and explanation; able to answer queries in a concise manner; ability to liaise at all
levels; inform and advise others. Ability to produce written communications and procedures,
which are, clear, fluent, concise and readily understood by recipients/s.
Drive and Goal Orientation
Aligns with the goals of the company. Sets own challenging goals and takes calculated risks.
Demonstrates high levels of consistent self-motivation.
Dealing with Pressure
Maintains personal effectiveness and consistency of performance when working under
personal and / or work related pressure / stress.
Able to present strengths/benefits/opportunities in an appealing manner; puts forward logical
solutions to objections in a convincing and persuasive manner; inspires interest; able to adapt
style to suit individual needs.
Team Leading and Developing
Ability to act as a trusted counselor or teacher. Giving constructive feedback and practical
guidance on how to better performance. Ability to influence the behavior of others toward a
Establishing and maintaining good relationships with colleagues, immediate manager and
reportees; helping to minimize interpersonal conflict; Implementing disciplinary and grievance
procedures; Counseling staff as appropriate.
Job Technical knowledge
Having appropriate experience, qualifications and job knowledge.
Ideas and Improvements
Proactively seeks and identifies improved ways of doing things that result in increased
efficiency/ productivity/ standards of service; shares ideas and demonstrates willingness to implement new ideas and improvements.
Able to prioritize; plan a logical sequence of tasks; focus on delivery of work objectives within
time standards; establish a course of action for self and others.
LIVE BY OUR COMPANY VALUES
- Trust & Integrity
- Client Centric & Service Minded
- Teamwork and Respect
- Diversity & Innovation
- Professional, Disciplined & Focused
- Fairness and Transparency
- Appreciation & Recognition
- Productivity & Win-Win