JOB PROFILE AND DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Tied Agent
BUSINESS UNIT: Cover Direct – Hollard Tied Agency
JOB GRADE: Financial Advisor
COMPANY BACKGROUND AND HISTORY
Cover Direct is a licensed financial Services provider (FSP 46250) was founded in 2012 by two directors who have grown the business from a 2-man operation to a business that operates in 2-provinces in South Africa. We offer specialized Contact Centre Services and High Impact Field Marketing strategies selling life insurance products.
An agent assesses client’s financial position. From the assessment, they determine suitable products for client’s specific need and then recommends Hollard Life products when appropriate.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Contact potential clients to set up meetings either in Hollard Branches or at clients’ home / business premises.
- Gather relevant information before meeting
- Gather financial and personal data to enable risk analysis
- Present findings from risk analysis
- Discuss recommended solutions with potential client
- Explain features and benefits of risk products to clients
- Assist client with the completion of required information
- Communicate product and regulatory changes to affected clients.
- Use and expand network to increase client base.
- Achieve new business targets as agreed to between management and financial advisor.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and the changing financial services landscape.
- Own vehicle alternatively can provide own means of travel.
- Valid driver’s license if vehicle owner
- A South African ID document
- Clear credit rating
- No criminal record
- Two (2) years’ experience as financial advisor non-negotiable
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- An ethical and professional approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Good negotiation skills with an ability to influence others
- Capability to simplify and explain complex information
- The ability to successfully present to individuals and groups
- The ability to network effectively and build long-term sustainable relationships
- The ability to work in a team
- Time management skills
- Customer service skills
- Self-motivated individual / Entrepreneurial drive
- A good level of numeracy and IT skills
- A target-driven mind-set
- A flexible approach to work
- Decision-making skills
ON THE JOB/FAMILIARIZATION TIME
One month to be spent on:
- Product training
- Systems training
- Software trainin
- Technology set up (laptop, access codes, usernames, etc.)
Live Company Values
- Trust & Integrity
- Client Centric & Service Minded
- Teamwork and Respect
- Diversity & Innovation
- Professional, Disciplined & Focused
- Fairness and Transparency
- Appreciation & Recognition
- Productivity & Win-Win
If you fit the bill and would like to apply, please send your CV together with all relevant supporting documents to email@example.com