JOB PROFILE AND DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Senior Human Resources Generalist
SECTION: Human Resources/Learning & Development
REPORTS TO: Head of Operations
CLOSING DATE: End July
COMPANY BACKGROUND AND HISTORY
Cover Direct is a licensed financial Services provider (FSP 46250) was founded in 2012 by two directors who have grown the business from a 2-man operation to a business that operates in multiple provinces within South Africa. We offer specialized Contact Centre Services and High Impact Field Marketing strategies selling life insurance products.
Cover Direct is looking to recruit a Senior Human Resources Generalist/Manager, who will serve as a member of our company’s senior management team.
The incumbent will be expected to utilize his/her HR functional expertise to align critical human resources principles to achieve business objectives and contribute to the attainment of our company’s new vision, mission and strategic growth priorities for 2018 and beyond.
Also, the successful candidate would also be required to increase the overall performance of the organization by creating strong interactive partnerships with client groups, employees and our management teams, build an employee workforce that creates a competitive advantage for us by recruiting, developing and retaining top talent and also drive continuous improvement in terms of Human Resources related processes and lead change management initiatives to create a winning disciplined culture for our company .
They will also be expected to guide the implementation of Staff Relations and Wellness programs, drive organizational effectiveness, enhance existing Performance & Reward Management initiatives and help implement Learning and Development Programs that will give our employees a winning advantage when engaging with customers in their respective sales environments.
This individual needs to be highly self-motivated and able to work independently and be able to consistently take his/her own initiative to get things done before being asked by others or forced to by events. Also, they need to have excellent communication skills with an ability to formulate communication plans in order to improve top down communication between management and employees.
- Reports to the Head of Operations.
- Works with the Internal and External Business Stakeholders such as:
- Clients, Customers and Suppliers.
- Finance, Projects Office, Human Resources, IT, Procurement and New Business.
- Field Sales, Branches Sales departments.
- Operations teams e.g. Verifications, Archives, Quality Assurance, and Inbound Call Centre.
- Compliance Key Individual.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Help drive operations division’s strategy implementation by ensuring that this is communicated effectively at all employee levels.
- Implement effective succession planning, people management practices, talent development, employee recruitment, and employee retention strategies in order to benefit the growth and sustainability of the business.
- Promote employment equity, transformation, self-development and continuing personal development of all employees in the operations areas.
- Help build effective and cohesive teams that are productive and seek to provide win-win business solution and services.
- Collect and maintenance of employment/personnel files.
- Monitor and complete all employee status changes, ensuring all relevant data is entered into the HR Information System and audited for accuracy.
- Process employment verification requests and prepare employment verification letters. Write and distribute employee communications in line with the requirements of the Company Directors, Head of Operations and the Management team.
- Conduct research through employee surveys and exit interviews and analyze data to improve HR related processes, procedures, policies to help us be an employer of choice.
- Provide assistance to the Directors and the Management team to perform all other duties as required based on the needs of the business.
- Perform related duties as assigned in an efficient and effective manner, complying with all company and regulatory policies and practices.
- Respond to inbound queries from employees and managers related to policies, benefits and payroll. Escalate issues/questions to HR subject matter experts or department management as appropriate.
- Deliver HR initiatives that build a high performance culture and operating environment that is conducive to attracting, developing and retaining the best talent.
- Provide input and guidance on HR requirements for business project action plans on standard HR systems, processes and policies, procedures, plans and ensure that programs are in place to effectively utilize human capital i.e. performance management, compensation, employee relations.
- Ensure that disciplinary action taken is taken in a consistent and fair manner and that it is procedurally correct.
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of monthly payroll for employees.
Work Experience and Skills Required
- A degree in Human Resources or related qualification.
- Significant Human Resources experience with a minimum of 5-8 years working experience as an HR Generalist.
- Experience with developing Learning and Development programs and initiatives.
- Good human relation skills.
- Proficiency in capacity building.
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with partners, employees and cross functional management teams.
- Eloquence in written and verbal communication. Good presentation skills.
- Quick and fast decision making ability.
Co-ordination and Control
Uses control measures, which will ensure that tasks are allocated, actioned and checked against standards; problems resolved in a timely manner with the desired result.
Problem Analysis & Problem Solving
Analyzing and interpreting information; making deductions and predications based on fact. Identifying and prioritizing the options available. Proposing solutions, which reflect the overall interests of the company.
Verbal & Written Communication
Is able to speak clearly, confidently and understandably in order to discuss issues for clarification and explanation; able to answer queries in a concise manner; ability to liaise at all levels; inform and advise others. Ability to produce written communications and procedures, which are, clear, fluent, concise and readily understood by recipients/s.
Drive and Goal Orientation
Demonstrates strong self-belief and personal commitment to goals; holds and articulates a view and a vision of ones own contribution to the overall success of the company. Strives to improve or meet a standard of excellence. Aligns with the goals of the company. Sets own challenging goals and takes calculated risks.
Demonstrates high levels of consistent self-motivation.
Dealing with Pressure
Maintains personal effectiveness and consistency of performance when working under personal and / or work related pressure / stress.
Able to present strengths/benefits/opportunities in an appealing manner; puts forward logical solutions to objections in a convincing and persuasive manner; inspires interest; able to adapt style to suit individual needs.
Team Leading and Developing
Ability to act as a trusted counselor or teacher. Giving constructive feedback and practical guidance on how to better performance. Ability to influence the behavior of others toward a specific/positive outcome. Do not indulge with your agents to create an environment that is not conducive to the business. Ensure they respect you for your role and you respect them as our employees.
Establishing and maintaining good relationships with colleagues, immediate manager and reportees; helping to minimize interpersonal conflict; Implementing disciplinary and grievance procedures; Counseling staff as appropriate.
Job Technical knowledge
Having appropriate experience, qualifications and job knowledge.
Ideas and Improvements
Proactively seeks and identifies improved ways of doing things that result in increased efficiency/ productivity/ standards of service; shares ideas and demonstrates willingness to implement new ideas and improvements.
Able to prioritize; plan a logical sequence of tasks; focus on delivery of work objectives within time standards; establish a course of action for self and others.
Co-ordination and control
Uses control measures, which will ensure that tasks are allocated, actioned and checked against standards; problems resolved timeously with desired result.
LIVE BY OUR NEW COMPANY VALUES
- Trust & Integrity
- Client Centric & Service Minded
- Teamwork and Respect
- Diversity & Innovation
- Professional, Disciplined & Focused
- Fairness and Transparency
- Appreciation & Recognition
- Productivity & Win-Win
If you fit the bill and would like to apply, please send your CV together with all relevant supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org